The main task of home safes is to protect different values from unauthorized access. The latter includes not only the robbers craving for easy money but also the ordinary employees of the company. A trusting relationship in the organization is good, but the company probably has confidential papers that aren’t intended for the general public. Moreover, you shouldn’t tempt the employees with the large sums of money in sight, be it a total salary or a profit of the company.
To buy the home safes, which is best suited for a certain organization, it is important to understand its purpose. Home safes can be conditionally divided into three categories:
- Safe for storing company documents and valuables. Choosing a paper vault, you should evaluate its capacity. At that, you should keep in mind that the internal and external dimensions of safes can vary significantly; this is especially true for products with the multilayer walls. A multi-section safe is the best option for separate access of employees to the documents; however, when choosing, one shouldn’t forget that over the years, the number of securities in the company can increase. Therefore, the size of the storage should be “with a margin.”
- Safe for money, in particular, for change and proceeds. To store cash and various securities, you can purchase a regular one-section safe or a deposit safe with a slot or tray for accepting bills, which is also equipped with a lockable compartment. You can open such safe only with a key or by using a special code if it is necessary to provide fast access to the storage unit. You can install such safe under the table — in this case, you need to consider the size of the product.
- Cashbox. This is a personal mini-safe, intended for storage and transfer of money. Usually, it represents a small metal box, which is equipped with a convenient handle and (optionally) an alarm. Cashboxes can have different sizes, but their weight (in contrast to the weight of office safes for storing documents and money) must be small; otherwise, the owner will find it challenging to move around with such a burden.
Types of safes for the house
There are other options for the classification of home safes as well. Depending on the characteristics of fastening, they can be:
- Floor. Home safes attached to the floor are usually placed in the corner of the study so that the structure doesn’t hinder the passage.
- Wall. This is a good solution for small dwellings. Such safe can be installed even in the closet by cutting a hole of the necessary size.
- Furniture. Home safes of this type are placed inside the closets or cabinets and attached directly to the furniture. In this case, the installation of a thick-walled heavy safe is impossible, so for security reasons, it is better to use such safes in secure accommodation.
- Embedded. In the movies, you can often see a cache for money in the wall, carefully hidden from the prying eyes by a picture or watch. That is an embedded safe. At that, such a structure is not always used for additional safety: as well as the wall option, embedded office safe can save the workspace. Besides, it can be built not only into the wall but also on the floor.
Before buying a home safe, you should examine all the above-mentioned characteristics in detail, as the price of the product depends on them.
Besides, additional equipment of the safe can also affect the cost of the structure. For example, home safes with a tracer (a spare cash drawer that can be locked with a key) are very popular now. There you can store the company prints and separate documents. Moreover, you shouldn’t forget about such parameters as weight and volume, which also affect the price of the safe for storing money and documents in the office.